Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sarah Boucher SS Chapter 8 Summary

Sarah Boucher SS Chapter 8 Summary
Chapter Summary: The "Wobble" is Smith's invention that helps us to give up control over our voices and let the airflow through the voice. Through the wobble, we can find flexibility in our voice and utilize airflow. The wobble is a serious of fourths on an [a], alternating from starting at the top and starting at the bottom. In the wobble, "airflow is active and phonation is passive". This invention also helps to keep the chords relaxed and loose.
Key Points:
-All singers are able to perform "fioratura" passages
-When we give up control of the larynx, the wobble will feel vulnerable and wobbly but that is what we need.
Key Terms:
Making Connections: This chapter reminded me that even though I am not a coloratura I can still sing runs. I have a piece in my recital that has a lot of florid passages and I can't wait to utilize this warmup to help me with those passages! I think my problem is I try to control the sound to much on the difficult passages and the wobble will help me to be more free and released.

No comments:

Post a Comment