Holy frick I love this chapter.
Getting the right mixture of head voice, chest voice, and falsetto will help have "perfect technique"
Or singing messa do voce. Singers can be compared to cars with automatic or manual transmissions. We want to be the expensive Lexus that shifts without us even knowing it. It should be the same with our own voices. Most men's voices reach a Bb in chest voice, some push that sound up to C but they should be engaging their falsetto at that point.
Key concept: the correct mixing of chest and head voice and falsetto will help us have a healthy technique.
Key terms: automatic transmission
Key connection: I've always thought about this, especially when he talks about the tenors going up to Bb and engaging the falsetto for B and C. He confirmed what I thought was true. Now I just have to work on blurring the lines of those different "gears" until it sounds like an automatic transmission.
No comments:
Post a Comment