Saturday, October 26, 2013

Taylee - SS 4

Taylee. Summary: Simply speaking simply is the first invention and the chiaro of the first set. This idea focuses on the removing the entanglements that we have that prohibit the freedom of the speech like quality in singing. In attempting this, SS outlines a series of steps that help one to reach this freedom. These steps begin at speaking, in its most conversational sense, and work through linear and projection to eventually end on working on vowels and the necessity of refining them.
Key Terms: projection. legato/speaking with line.
Key Concepts: The idea of simply speaking simply is to learn to speak with clarity. In refining vowels, the ultimate goal is to train the articulators to function independently of each other. Key to articulate independence is to always drop the jaw.
Making Connections: Until the discussion in class about the tongue pressure underneath, I was completely unaware of that issue in myself. It doesn't really surprise me though, since I've got tension everywhere. Now that I am aware of proper tongue placement in the mouth, and the tension underneath, I think I will make a lot of improvement in the practice room.

No comments:

Post a Comment