everyone has their own enigmas, and they are challenges that we need to get over. "whats your hang up?"There are different reasons why we impede our own progress:
Psychogenic effects, like being intimidated to sing because of other more advanced singers at your school.
Effects of stress, having traumatic things happen to you can cause your body to tense up and reduce your ability to sing in a free legato line.
As a teacher you need to try and identify if your student is having emotional issues that are causing them to underperform and try and help them through it, in the most non invasive way.
Emotions can work for or against us. If we focus on the difficult things in our lives it will be reflected in our singing. Our emotions have a huge effect on our singing and the way we are perceived by the audience.
KEY CONCEPT: we all have some kind of enigma that brings us down at times, we have to learn to overcome it to achieve a healthy tone.
KEY TERMS: Psychogenic effects
KEY CONNECTIONS: I definitely feel like my mood effects my singing. I feel like its very noticeable if I'm upset and then I have to sing. Gotta get over emotional crap when its time to sing!
No comments:
Post a Comment