Everybody needs to have a good ear in order to sing in tune, obviously. Higher notes do not need to be as loud because the frequency carries it stronger to the ears of the listener. We have a mechanism in our ears that actually muffle the sound the louder and higher we get, if that didn't happen louder sounds and higher pitches would be very painful for us. So we don't need to worry about our high notes being loud or powerful, because they won't sound the same to us as it will for the audience. We need to make sure that we do not damage our ears at loud concerts or other events that have loud sounds, hearing is something that cannot be repaired. It is a good idea to bring ear buds or something like that to a concert to save your ears.
KEY CONCEPT: we do not sound how we think we do. protect your ears.
KEY TERMS: Diplacusis
KEY CONNECTIONS: I thought this chapter was really interesting and I had a great experience with one of the concepts the other day. I felt like I didn't sound very good in the masterclass with the flower song, especially on the Bb at the end. But when I listened to it on my recorder it didn't sound as bad as I thought. Also, when I sing up higher like around A or above, it sounds like I'm not making a lot of sound, but when I go back and listen to it it sounds loud and full. So I'm glad I learned about this so I don't push for more "power".
No comments:
Post a Comment