Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Elizabeth Tait Masterclass 12.3.13

Jakeyjakester
I think that this performance was much improved from last week, so congratulations!  Maybe you could try creating a emotional/vocal color contrast between the first section and the beginning of the "maudire" section.  I think Don Jose is really going from in love to a bit crazy and I'd like to see it in your eyes.  I think that you are selling it in a really believable way, but not for the stage.  I wanted exactly what you were giving me, but hyped up with energy.  Remember to tumble over the side of a wall while singing high.

Tayleeeeee
You had such a beautiful face during the introduction, really pulled me in.  I wished that you had vibrato on every note, especially in the first phrase (it was very apparent in that phrase.)  I also wished that the sustained notes had a sense of tumbling off a wall, like Cindy suggested for Jake.  Don't let the double consonants stop your flow of air!   I noticed that double consonants interrupted your line.  Reminders of what Cindy told you: Don't stop moving your body, just have it do something different!

Laura Bergyberg
I wished there had bee vibrato on every note.  I told you this already, but your high placement was so pleasing to listen to!  Congratulations!  I see some tension in your neck, I would watch for that.  That your tone explodes from the consonants instead of simply releasing from them.  But good job!


No comments:

Post a Comment