Summary: Teaching singing is subjective and very individual! "There is probably nothing that has ever been said or written about singing that cannot be misinterpreted." Each student is different, so singing instruction will need to be catered to each individual. And to be able to do that requires a well trained and sensitive ear that understands the mechanics of the voice upon hearing. The teachers goal should be help the singer find a balance of airflow and glottal resistance that mutually support each other. And take it slow; if the student understands one new idea per lesson, that's great!
Key Terms
Key Concepts: Love your students, love teaching, and be patient with yourself and students.
Making Connections: I just want to say that this book as been unbelievable. So helpful, I plan on using it as my personal teacher's bible for a while. And I don't say this lightly!
No comments:
Post a Comment