Monday, December 9, 2013

Sarah Brenay - Masterclass - 12/5

Jake - I think that you could be more BOLD. You have this huge frame to work with and I feel like you're not using all of it. I also know you can have a lot more PASSION in your voice. It's Carmen man. It's so beautiful it hurts! Still it's sounding wonderful, your voice is just great on this piece. Focus now on what you WANT. LONGING. When Cindy added the sob it helped free you up. Disconnecting the mouth from the pitch is clearing up issues... "Feel like tumbling down a mountain when you sing high."
Taylee - The song gets free-er as you get into it. SOB! Nice job expressing more than just sadness. The body is still fighting the voice. Cindy having you do your hair helped a lot! It will take time for the body to relearn this, but you're on the right track!
Laura - The [i] vowel is very musical theater style which only makes sense for you. Still, for classical you really want that unified space for all vowels. I love how this is sounding! Pointing was really effective! I would warn you not to lean too far over when practicing this, because we want the body to stay grounded and you have a tendency to lean forward anyway. I absolutely love how wholeheartedly you do things! What an awesome singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment