Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Elizabeth Tait OB Ch. 19 Summary

Summary: Emotional health and the voice are deeply connected.  Often success or failures in relationships or other emotional life challenges are reflected in failures and successes in the vocal arena.  Stress management is a vital skill for a professional singer.  When encountering a problem, it's best to approach with a calm and reasonable demeanor, seeking to keep extreme emotions under control: "The best defense is to keep a level head and to develop techniques for relaxing and keeping your emotions under control."  Of course, emotions need to be portrayed in meaningful singing, but they cannot be entirely real to you.  If they were, you would not be able to perform at optimum level. 
Key Terms
Key Concepts: Be happy, sing well!
Making Connections: I have a testimony of this chapter!  I can't tell you how many instances I've noticed a direct connection of my emotional health to my singing success.  When I am feeling angry or unforgiving, my voice shuts down.  I am so blessed to be a singer, because it gives me the opportunity to overcome my emotional weaknesses and triumph! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment