Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Mariah OB 21

Mariah OB 21
Chapter Summary: Each student is different and teachers can't rely on set statements to try to achieve a certain result. Teachers need to be sensitive to each individual's voice and not try to push them too far too fast or hold them back. Voice teachers should know some anatomy behind the singing so that they can better aid the student and avoid damaging techniques. Teachers should work to get to know their students and understand their personalities and history. Teachers should love teaching and want to help their students.
Key Concept: Voice teachers need to love teaching, understand anatomy and proper voice techniques and work to understand their students.
Key Terms:
Making Connections: When I teach voice lessons in the future, I need to focus on getting to know my students and their backgrounds. I need to make sure I love to teach if I decide to be a voice teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment