Tuesday, September 24, 2013

LaeKin Burgess SOHH Chapter 4 Summary

Summary: It is important to have a sense of humor while you are taking your journey toward perfection. If you are too uptight and dwell on the negatives than you won't make progress. Some people are "addicted" to their misery and hang on to it no matter what. Don't be like that. Learn to look for the positives and laugh a little. When you are practicing try to capture the movement through space by drawing the shape of the line. Practicing mentally is just as effective if not sometimes moreso than practicing with sound. Sometimes, it isn't about trying harder, it is about trying correctly. We perform exactly what we practice so it is important to have a good mental image of what we are trying to accomplish

Key Concepts: Laugh a little. Lighten up. Pinpoint small things to work on instead of attacking an entire section.

Connections: It is important for me to have a clear target behavior in my mind. Too often I bite off more than I can chew.  I'm going to practice having an better blueprint for target behavior in my mind. I'm going to be positive about even my mistakes because each mistake is the way to a better learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment