Chapter Summary: Our Judges can come in many forms, shapes, and sizes. They can be our teachers, our peers, parents, and even ourselves. As singers we can overcome our debilitating judges by addressing each of the concerns. By addressing each with a sense of detachment and curiosity [we can] find out what each one is telling us." By befriending and listening to the concerns of our judges we are able to lessen the degree of power they have over us. They can become our cheerleaders, friends, and even our advisors. To change the function of our judges we must focus less on giving them power over us and focus more on distributing that energy into problem solving.
Key Terms:
Key Concepts: Stop spending so much energy worrying about the figurative judges, and put that energy and time into finding your happy environment that is prime for learning.
Making Connections: I think that as singer I am constantly comparing myself to others. It's time to stop that, and focus all of that energy of worrying and self doubt into solving problems. I would make much better use of my time, and produce an environment and state of mind where I can focus on accomplishing my own personal goals.
No comments:
Post a Comment